According to Arabic official statement , the EgyptAir says the hijacked plane is an Airbus 320 Flight 181, carrying 81 passengers and flying between Alexandria and Cairo. The pilot said that a passenger told him he had an explosives vest and forced the plane to land in Larnaca. The authorities are negotiating with the kidnapper.
According to the report, the gunmen have said police to go back from the aircraft to demanding political asylum
EgyptAir says it has negotiated release of all aboard hijacked plane except five foreigners and the crew. The hijacked EgyptAir jet has 8 Britons and 10 Americans aboard.
Here are the HIGHLIGHTS the hijacked plane:
• All Egyptian passengers have been released from the hijacked plane in Cyprus, foreign passengers still onboard: Reports
• Another Cypriot official says there “seems like there’s more than one hijacker”.
• Cypriot state media reports that 20 people have been released from hijacked EgyptAir flight MS181 at Larnaca airport.
• EgyptAir plane hijacker lets women, children leave the aircraft.
• EgyptAir hijacker threatened to detonate explosives belt: Egypt civil aviation
• EgyptAir confirms the hijacking of its flight.
• EgyptAir hijackers contacted control tower at 8:30 am (GMT) and the plane was given permission to land at 8:50 am, reports AFP.
• The hijacked plane is carrying 55 passengers, seven crew: Egyptian airport official
• A Cyprus official says a bomb is suspected aboard the hijacked plane.
• EgyptAir hijacker hasn’t outlined demands, says Cyprus state TV.
• One person is thought to be armed.
• According to reports, the hijacked EgyptAir plane is an Airbus 320.
• The passenger plane, with nearly 80 people aboard, has landed at Larnaca International Airport in Cyprus.
• An EgyptAir passenger plane, travelling from Alexandria to Cairo, has been hijacked.