New Delhi: Generally, people feel difficult to breathe due to lung diseases, because lung infection affects the lung.
Lung disease is a group of disorders affecting the lungs, such as asthma, chronic bronchitis, COPD, infections like influenza, pneumonia and tuberculosis, lung cancer, and many other breathing problems.
Lungs are the important part of our body that keeps us alive and well. They are among the hardest-working organs in the body.
Therefore any infection to lungs is a painful and uncomfortable condition which can be caused by a variety different elements, including, air pollution, tobacco smoking, infections, exposure to fumes and dust, genetics.
Symptoms of lung disease
- Trouble breathing
- Shortness of breath
- Decreased ability to exercise
- Productive cough
- Coughing up blood or mucus
- Chest pain
Tips to prevent lung diseases through some steps:
- Quit smoking if you smoke – this is the best way you can do to lower your chances of lung disease.
- Avoid exposure to pollutants – outdoor air pollution, dust and chemical fumes – that can damage your lungs.
- Eat a healthy diet consisting of lot of fruits and vegetables.
- Practice good hygiene to prevent infections such as – often washing hands with soap and water, avoiding crowds during and cold and flu season, good oral health practices, etc.
- Get regular health check-ups even if you are feeling well to prevent diseases.
- Exercise regularly to keep your lungs healthy – deep breathing exercises can help strengthen your lungs and clear your air ways.If you are suffering like cough, breathing difficulties, pain or discomfort in your chest, or any of the other symptoms then you should to contact the doctors.