New Delhi: Hepatitis C is an disease who comes caused by the hepatitis C virus, leading to swelling of the liver. According to WHO report, at least 130 to 150 million people of the world have chronic hepatitis C infection.
Recently there is no vaccine for hepatitis C infection, antiviral medicines can cure approximately 90% of persons with hepatitis C infection, thereby reducing the risk of death from liver cancer and cirrhosis.
A lot of people with hepatitis C disease have no symptoms. But if they do, they develop fatigue, nausea, loss of appetite, jaundice, stomach pain.
Here are some steps that you can protect your liver:
• Consume a healthy diet in which includes fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains, dairy, lean protein, etc,.
• Consume small meals or snacks throughout the day, when you are not hungry.
• Try taking a walk before meals as this might help you to feel hungrier and less nauseous.
• People should not take alcohol, it can harm your liver.
• Drink 8-10 glasses of water a day to keep your body hydrated as well as provide the fluid it needs.
• Regularly exercise to maintain a healthy weight, but also to help improve your total health and manage drug side effects such as fatigue and depression.
• Keep a regular sleep schedule to get enough sleep such as – going to bed and waking at the same time each day.
• Living with hepatitis C can be stressful. If you feel tense, try taking a short walk, doing yoga, even a few deep breaths.