NEW DELHI: On the Eighth day of Commonwealth games, all the action will be continued at the Gold Coast in which several wrestlers are taking part. Wrestling gets underway and it is also hoped to win a lot medals for India’s on April 12,Thursday.
On the first day of action of the Commonwealth Games 2018, Babita Kumari and Sushil Kumar are the prominent wrestlers who will take part in competition.
Although, Tejaswini has got the second position in the women’s 50m Prone Finals while Ajum Moudgil finished 16th. In the beginning, wrestlers Sushil Kumar (74kg), Rahul Aware (57kg) and Babita Kumari (53kg) mentioned deterministic wins to reach respective finals that will be played 12:30 pm onward today.
Apart from this, focus will be also on the women’s hockey team that takes on mighty Australia in the semifinal at 4:45 pm. India’s medals tally currently reads 12 Gold, 5 silver, 8 bronze
• Tejaswini Sawant wins silver in shooting
• Sanil Shetty and Madurika Patkar enters mixed doubles quarterfinal beating Rhikesh Taucoory and Elodie HoWanKau of Mauritius 11-4, 11-5, 11-6
• Sushil Kumar is through to the 74kg final. Beats Connor Evans of Australia 4-0 in a victory by fall in the first round itself
• In the 57kg freestyle bout, Rahul Aware takes on Pakistan’s Muhammad Bilal.
• First defeat for India on the mat. Kiran loses to Onyebuchi of Nigeria in the semis of 76kg freestyle. Loses 0-10 in the first round itself.
• PV Sindhu marches into women’s singles quarterfinals with a 21-15, 21-9 victory over Australia’s Chen Hsuan-Yu. Saina Nehwal will be in action later in the afternoon in her Round of 16 match.