NEW DELHI: After swearing of Vijay Rupani as the 14th Chief Minister of Gujarat on Tuesday, Jairam Thakur on Wednesday takes oath as new Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister amid tightened security. Security has been beefed up and sharpshooters have been deployed at several locations and all entry points at interstate borders are under vigil, DGP Somesh Goyal said.
Apart from swearing of Thakur, many MLA also swore in as ministers today. The swearing ceremony commences at 11 am on the Ridge Road in Shimla.
He had been elected five-time as MLA. The oath ceremony started in the presence of Prime Minister Narendra Modi along with BJP Chief Amit Shah.
His name was announced for the chief ministerial candidate by the party’s central observers and Union Ministers Nirmala Sitharaman, Narendra Tomar and JP Nadda in the presence of State party in-charge Mangal Pandey, all MPs and other senior leaders were present at a meeting in Shimla.
- Swear taking ceremony ends with the national anthem
- Several MLAs took oath in as minister
- Jairam Thakur takes oath as the Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi arrives in Himachal Pradesh’s Shimla, received by Jairam Thakur
• Mahendra Singh, Suresh Bhardwaj, Anil Sharma, Sarveen Choudhary, Ram Lal Markand, Vipin Singh Parmar, Virender Kanwar, Vikram Singh, Govind Singh and Rajiv Sahjal to take oath as cabinet ministers along with CM elect Jairam Thakur shortly
• PM Modi arrives in Chandigarh
• Ridge ground in Shimla all geared up for the swearing-in ceremony of CM elect Jairam Thakur and others Himachal Pradesh