NEW DELHI: Prime Minister Narendra Modi arrived in Patna at Indian Air Force aircraft on April 10 (Tuesday) where Governor Satyapal Malik and Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar heartily welcomed him.
After arriving Bihar, Prime Minister departed for Motihari by helicopter to the concluding celebration of Centenary of Champaran Satyagraha where he also addresses more than 20,000 Swachchh Bharat Mission’s volunteers with the purpose to accelerate Swachhta initiatives as well as inaugurates a number of railway schemes.
All chief ministers and senior officials have been invited to the function. Apart from this, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, Union minister Radha Mohan Singh and other dignitaries were also present in the ceremony.
PM Modi also pays tribute to Mahatma Gandhi in Bihar’s Motihari today. Gandhi known as ‘father of nation’ had launched his first agitation against the British rule here by protesting against the indigo cultivation order on farmers in 1917.
• In the last one week, more than 8,50,000 toilets have been constructed in Bihar. This is a great achievement. I congratulate the people, the ‘Swachhagrahis’ and the State Govt for this.”
• In the last 100 years, Bihar has shown the way to the country on three big occasions When the country was enslaved, Bihar made Gandhi the Mahatma and Bapu, says the PM.
• PM Modi has started his address.
• Prime Minister Modi has flagged off Indian Railways’ first ‘Make in India’ 12,000 HP electric locomotive in Bihar’s Madhepura district. The locomotive will now go to Saharanpur in Uttar Pradesh for extensive testing.
• Modi’s Champaran visit is a part of the concluding celebration of Champaran Satyagraha centenary launched by the
Bihar Government in April last year.
• As per a Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation release, over 10,000 Swachhagrahis from different parts of the country have been invited to Bihar. They have been working to “trigger” behaviour change throughout the 38 districts of the Bihar and build the momentum of the “jan andolan” further.
• PM Modi has reached Bihar. He was welcomed by CM Nitish Kumar at the Patna airport.
• Get live Stock Prices from BSE and NSE and latest NAV, portfolio of Mutual Funds, calculate your tax by Income Tax Calculator, know market’s Top Gainers, Top Losers & Best Equity Funds.