Mumbai :-Pakistani-American terrorist David Coleman Headley on Tuesday continued his deposition for the second regular day before a court.
Headley, appearing from an undisclosed location via video conferencing, continued to spill the beans on LeT links with the 26/11 terror attacks.
In his first deposition yesterday, Headley told the court that Pakistani terrorists attempted to attack Mumbai twice before the 26/11 strikes in which around 166 people were killed but failed both times.
Describing himself as a “true follower of LeT”, Headley also admitted during his examination by special prosecutor named Ujjwal Nikam that he joined the ranks of LeT after getting “influenced and motivated” by the speeches of terrorist outfit’s founder mastermind Hafiz Saeed.
Headley, who is serving 35-year prison sentence in the US for his role in the Mumbai attacks, spoke about the role of Saeed, another LeT commander Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi as well as his handler in the outfit Sajid Mir.
Here are the some focuses of what Headley said on second day:
• Lashkar Planned To Attack Scientists At Taj Hotel
• Lashkar, Jaish and Hizbul working under UJC against India
• David Headley also admitted that in 2003, there was a gathering of LeT where Maulana Masood Azhar was the guest speaker
• Headley’s wife Faiza, in Jan ’08, complained to US Embassy in Islamabad that he was involved in terrorist activities
• Headley says he met Zakhi-ur-Rehman Lakhvi for the first time in 2003 in Muzzafarabad, which was the headquarters of LeT