New Delhi: The fastest train of India named Gatimaan Express – was launched by Railways Minister Suresh Prabhu on Tuesday. it is the fastest train of India’s in which more than more features have been included.
some of them Gatimaan’s features have been highlighted below:
- The Gatimaan Express train hits a top speed of 160 kmph, easily beating the Bhopal Shatabdi – India’s fastest train thus far at 150 kmph. Gatimaan covers the 184-kilometre distance between New Delhi and Agra in 100 minutes, as opposed to 110 minutes by the Bhopal Shatabdi.
- Gatimaan will operate on all days of the week except Friday, departing from Hazrat Nizamuddin at 8.10 am to reach Agra at 9.50 am. On its return journey, the train will depart from Agra at 5.50 pm to reach New Delhi at 7.30 pm.
- The AC chair car fare of Gatimaan for travelling from New Delhi to Agra has been fixed at Rs 750, as opposed to Bhopal Shatabdi’s fare of Rs 515 in this category. The executive class fare of Gatimaan has been fixed at Rs 1,500, compared to the Bhopal Shatabdi’s fare of Rs 1,010.
- The train features 12 coaches – comprising two executive class compartments, eight AC chair car coaches and two pantry cars.
- The train has hotspot entertainment options, besides bio-toilets, LED lights and micro-busters for providing good fragrance. The Railways have tied up with an IT firm called My Free TV, which provides free WiFi and offline video-on-demand services to passengers.
- The Railways have made a big effort to enhance catering services. The transporter has tied up with a firm called Travel Food Services, which also caters to airlines operating from Terminal-3 of Palam airport.
- Two packages – of one and two days’ duration – have been put on offer, with different rates for domestic and foreign passengers. Those opting for these packages will be taken on a guided tour of historical places, including the Taj Mahal and Fatehpur Sikri.
- Gatimaan, a product of the Make in India initiative, was indigenously built at an estimated cost of Rs 50 crore at the Kapurthala rail coach factory.