According to a latest study, regular exercise may assist in improving your memory and brain power. The study indicates that indulging in aerobic exercises can help increase the brain size and further boost your brain health.
The study denotes that the brain health tends to decrease with age and with the average brain shrinking by approximately five percent after the age of 40.
“When you exercise, you produce a chemical called brain-derived neurotrophic factor, which may help to prevent age-related decline by reducing the deterioration of the brain,” said Joseph Firth, a researcher at the Western Sydney University in Australia.
For the study, the researchers reviewed 14 clinical trials that examined the brain scans of 737 people before and after performing aerobic exercises.
A part from exercise, some important foods are also essential to human life that can enhance your memory and brain power.
1. Vitamin C: Citrus fruits like lemons and oranges are great sources of Vitamin C along with vegetables such as broccoli and even bell peppers.
2. Nuts and seeds: Pumpkin seeds are loaded with zinc that play a great role in sharpening your memory. Brain-shaped walnuts are a good source of omega-3 and other essential nutrients crucial for brain functioning and memory skills.
3. Berries: Berries are great super foods. They are packed with antioxidants that fight disease causing free radicals in the body.
4. Green Vegetables: Like sunflower seeds, green vegetables such as spinach, kale and mustard greens are all packed with Vitamin E which is really important for cell development.
5. Tomatoes: These are a good source of lycopene which act against brain cells degeneration and aid in the maintenance and production of new brain cells.