KOLKATA: More than 23 people have been killed in case of flopping the under construction fly over in Kolkata. It is a shocking incident which took place at 12.30 pm.
Here is some important information related to flyover incident which have been given below:
- Operation continued whole night, 10 NDRF teams are working there: Om Prakash Singh, Director-General, National Disaster Response Force
- NDRF says the possibility of finding alive victims is very remote.
- Now, the operation is only for the recovery of dead bodies and removal of debris, adds Guleria.
- Talking to news agency ANI, SS Guleria, deputy inspector general of the National Disaster Response Force, says rescue operation is in the last phase.
- The police have sealed the city office of IVRCL Infrastructure — the implementing agency of Kolkata’s Vivekananda Road Flyover, which collapsed yesterday. Earlier, following instructions from Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee, police had lodged an FIR against the Hyderabad-based company, whose chief termed the mishap as an “act of God”.
- At least 23 people were killed when a flyover under construction crashed in a crowded market area in Kolkata on Thursday, crushing scores of unsuspecting people and some vehicles, top officials and witnesses said. The Army was called in to assist in the rescue operation.